The General Colin L. Powell Leadership Academy is a college preparatory high school with academic rigor and high standards. Applicants should be at grade level for reading and math and be motivated to attend a disciplined academy.
How to Enroll
The General Colin L. Powell Leadership Academy is a college prep, STEM based school with high academic rigor and standards. As such, interested students should be at grade level for reading and math and should be studious, motivated and have their sights set on attending college upon graduation. Interested students are required to attend one information session where they will be asked to sign an agreement, take a two-part interest inventory, and write a brief essay. For a listing of the information session dates and times, contact the school directly at 612-724-4754.
Students (with assistance from parents, guardians and school administration will be asked to complete the following:
- Complete the Academy Enrollment Application Form
- Submit an 8th grade transcript, or most recent report card
- Submit MCA and/or NWEA Testing results. School administrative staff can assist with obtaining the test scores, or if testing needs to be completed, the staff can help arrange for that.
- Attend an Informational Session and complete an interest inventory and two open ended essay questions, and an interview between, Academy staff, parent and prospective cadet
- Complete the behavioral contract between the school, the parents, and the prospective cadet
- Commit to participating in the JROTC physical fitness program as attested to by the parent or guardian with a signed parental consent form